Databases and Codebooks for Analysis
Point and right-click on the database or codebook you would like to use in order to download it to your computer. The data files will arrive in zipped format. You must unzip it on your computer to conduct analysis.
|Files for SPSS analysis
|Codebooks for Data
|Files for OpenStat2 analysis
|Preliminary Survey of Statistics students
|Sexual Attitude Survey
|Concordia Student Survey, 1987
|Concordia Student Survey, 1994
Using Stats4U Software
For those of you who are computer-adventurous and would like to try your analysis at home, you have the option of working with free statistical analysis software named “Stats4U”. The instructions below provide information about how to load this software. Make sure that you download and use the versions of the data with the ‘.tab’ extension.
Instructions for downloading and installing statistical analysis software (OpenStat2)
- Open your Internet browser and go to http://www.statpages.org/miller/openstat/Stats4U.htm
- Follow the instructions on that page to download and install the Stats4U software.
- Open your Internet browser and go to our course website page with the data listed.
- Select the datafile you wish to use, making sure that you select the version for Stats4U.
- Save the datafile on your computer, remembering the folder name.
- Run the Stats4U program.
- Select the Options: File -> Import Tab File -> Yes
- Select the folder in which you saved the datafile.
- Highlight the name of the datafile and select ‘Open’.
- You are now ready to analyze the data.
- When you exit the program, do not save the data file unless you are sure you wish to keep any variable transformations or recodes you have performed. If you wish to save your changes, the best strategy is to use the ‘Save As’ option and save the data file under a different name.
- Then next time you wish to analyze the data, you need only begin at step 6 above